September 10, 2005 : MTC News

I arrived Wednesday, August 31 at 11:30am. I was very nervous about the things to come. Amy and I went and sat down my luggage then went to the front entrance. Amy went through the family door and I went through the missionary door. I picked up my nametags and then went and found everyone--Willy, Audrey, their kids, Jill, Drew and their kids, and Amy. I had Jill put my nametag on me, and then Willy smacked it off. He said that’s what Elders do all the time, but I think he just wanted to put it on me—he was jealous that Jill got to! Just kidding…
I just got my flight plans—I leave Monday, September 19th around 8 in the morning, but we leave the MTC at 5am—how exciting!
Last Sunday we had an amazing testimony meeting. I actually bore my testimony and I felt the spirit so strongly. Even more amazing was when we went to the temple last Saturday. After the session when we were going down the stairs to change into our street clothes, I really felt as if the Lord were walking right there with me, comforting me. I really can’t describe the feeling, but it was so strong.
Sunday night we had a fireside with Brother Scott Andersen and that was another great experience. I really loved Tuesday night devotional, Elder Hilbig of the quorum of Seventy spoke and that was pretty cool. I have learned so much in the past week and a half, I know both lessons 1 and 2 , the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. I have actually gotten to teach these to other Elders and Sisters and people who volunteer to let us teach them at the TRC (the teaching resource center, where people come and let us practice our teaching skills on them). I got to go to the RC- resource center, where we talked to real investigators calling in about a commercial they watched, pass-along cards, etc. (referrals). We also make outgoing follow-up calls to make sure they got what they requested. I have had amazing experiences in there. Just yesterday I got two people to commit to attending church, one person had the missionaries come over, and to another I taught the Plan of Salvation, right over the phone!
I have an awesome companion, Elder Scott Bennion, and an amazing district: Elders Jacobs and Sanders, Elders Murray and Bahnmiller, Elders Mecham and Sandoval, Sisters Phletch and Litchfield, Sisters Brown and Schnoerbelen. I love them all so much.
If you talk to family members, tell them I said hello and I love them and I am doing well. Send me an address list, oaky?
I can’t tell you how much the MTC has helped me grow up and how wonderful it is. I love my Heavenly Father so much and I am so excited to go do his work.
PS: You asked about care packages—other than those P-Day sandals and T-shirts I asked about, I love beef jerky, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos with Lime, Trident gum, chocolate, whatever.

5 Comments:
good luck with your mission!
Mike,
If you read this, i'm sure you will, i just want you to know that it is a really awesome site to see you with a missionary badge on your suit. i'm proud of you and can't wait to hear all about those people you meet out there.
matt-
Melissa,Jeff,Kylie& Family say hi and we miss you tons. And i still can't believe you wrote to the Eyre's twice and you haven't written us. :( 258 S.Orchard Ave
American Fork Ut
84003
I'm going to send a letter to your mission home. We love you !!!
-melyssa
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
Hey Mike you probably never check this but I haven't herd from you forever I'm just checkn up to make sure your still alive. Sounds like your doing awesome and having some really great experiences.Jamie props to you for being such an awesome sister and keeping this for him, that's really cool. Melissa Mcmillan
Post a Comment
<< Home