19 & 26 September: Latest News
19 September 2005
…I am writing this to you from the plane. Today is the day that we head off to the field. I am so excited. I love the gospel , I know it’s true. I had such an amazing time at the temple on Saturday (9/10) and it just reminds me of how wonderful it is that I know when I return to Heaven I will have a loving family to embrace me with open arms. I love the temple so much and the spirit it brings to life.
On Tuesday (9/19), Elder Dallin Oaks came to the MTC and spoke to us. It was powerful, He is truly God’s messenger. His wife spoke also and that was so cool. She is a really cute older lady. Last night, Sister Sheri Dew spoke to us. She is such an awesome speaker! I loved what she had to say.
I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord at this time. I truly look forward to bringing lost sheep back to their master, of course through the spirit. I can’t even explain how grateful I am to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I so look forward to getting out there!
Please update me on everything and send me an address list (I already did; he probably got it when I got this letter!--JM). Give the girls my love, and Rich, too. I love you all so much and I can’t wait to serve and return with honor and see you again!
Love, Elder Drews
26 Sept 2005 (e-mail)
Hey my Sista!!
How is everything? I'm loving my first area! Things are going great, I love the people here. I never realized the importance of this work until I see these lost people through missionary eyes. God is amazing as well his son. I can't update the blog, so I will just continue to write and send pictures if that is cool.
My new address is 1900 Naval Ave apt 122/ Bremerton, WA / 98312. I sure do miss you all! Let everyone know I say hi and if you can give them my address that would be great. I love you so much. Thanks for everything.
Love, Elder Drews
(Another e-mail Michael sent to Brent the same day, edited by me--JM)
Hey Cousin Brent,
Things are great! I really loved the MTC. I made a lot of new friends. I do also love my first area. I don’t know about my new companion…I'll have to get to know him. He does do the work, which is great. I have met some pretty amazing people. I can't even explain how much I love this work though. It is so awesome to invite people unto Christ. I'm very happy for you that everything is going great. I miss and love you both so much. Keep on keeping on. The Lord will provide.
Love, Elder Drews
…I am writing this to you from the plane. Today is the day that we head off to the field. I am so excited. I love the gospel , I know it’s true. I had such an amazing time at the temple on Saturday (9/10) and it just reminds me of how wonderful it is that I know when I return to Heaven I will have a loving family to embrace me with open arms. I love the temple so much and the spirit it brings to life.
On Tuesday (9/19), Elder Dallin Oaks came to the MTC and spoke to us. It was powerful, He is truly God’s messenger. His wife spoke also and that was so cool. She is a really cute older lady. Last night, Sister Sheri Dew spoke to us. She is such an awesome speaker! I loved what she had to say.
I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord at this time. I truly look forward to bringing lost sheep back to their master, of course through the spirit. I can’t even explain how grateful I am to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I so look forward to getting out there!
Please update me on everything and send me an address list (I already did; he probably got it when I got this letter!--JM). Give the girls my love, and Rich, too. I love you all so much and I can’t wait to serve and return with honor and see you again!
Love, Elder Drews
26 Sept 2005 (e-mail)
Hey my Sista!!
How is everything? I'm loving my first area! Things are going great, I love the people here. I never realized the importance of this work until I see these lost people through missionary eyes. God is amazing as well his son. I can't update the blog, so I will just continue to write and send pictures if that is cool.
My new address is 1900 Naval Ave apt 122/ Bremerton, WA / 98312. I sure do miss you all! Let everyone know I say hi and if you can give them my address that would be great. I love you so much. Thanks for everything.
Love, Elder Drews
(Another e-mail Michael sent to Brent the same day, edited by me--JM)
Hey Cousin Brent,
Things are great! I really loved the MTC. I made a lot of new friends. I do also love my first area. I don’t know about my new companion…I'll have to get to know him. He does do the work, which is great. I have met some pretty amazing people. I can't even explain how much I love this work though. It is so awesome to invite people unto Christ. I'm very happy for you that everything is going great. I miss and love you both so much. Keep on keeping on. The Lord will provide.
Love, Elder Drews

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home